+ a picture from last Autumn, I can't wait to see those leaves again.
I was tagged by Kate & Crystal for this little meme that has been doing the rounds and thought I'd give it a go. Apologies for the wordiness.
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
My 11 Things:
1. My celebrity dad-crushes (people I wish were my dad) include John Cusack, David Bowie, Morrissey, Jim Carey & Stephen Fry.
2. I study Contemporary Art at university and will complete a Bachelor of Teaching afterwards to become a primary school teacher. This excites me. I had the most amazing primary school teacher and I strive to be something like her.
3. I had never seen an episode of Buffy prior to meeting my boyfriend (his favourite tv show) and in the first two months we were together I watched all 144 episodes. I started having Buffy dreams and wondering if people in the street might've been vampires.
4. I was school president in high school. I think this was a shock to everyone (mostly myself). I often hear "oh, I didn't think you were the school president type". I miss that ugly blazer and all that public speaking (I think I've since regressed in my ability to speak in front of people!).
5. I love to play guitar and sing. I'd love to record some songs one day. My parents have a huge recording studio in their house, so I really should get my act together.
6. I do most of my serious thinking in the shower or lying awake before going to sleep.
7. I am allergic to cats. I have four. Life is hard.
8. I feel very uneasy about balloons, tornadoes, escalators and using charcoal in drawing class.
9. I read each of the Twilight books in 24 hours. I do find this quite embarrassing, and I wish I could apply the same enthusiasm for finishing a book to the pile of half-read really good books I have in my house!
10. My favourite acts I've seen live are Why?, Gotye and Clare Bowditch.
11. Psttt... I am getting married in three months (!).
Questions from Kate and Crysyal (I tried to answer briefly so this post isn't huuuuuuge):
1. What was your dream job when you were a kid?
2. What is the worst movie you've ever seen?
The Garfield movie/Passion of the Christ
3. What tv/movie character would you love to have as your BFF?
Enid from Ghost World or Cale from Our Hero.
4. What tv/movie character would you love to have as your boyfriend?
Matthew Crawley from Downton Abbey, haha.
5. If your childhood self could see you now, what would they think?
I'm not sure, I think they'd be happy with how they turned out.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Customers at work who don't acknowledge that I'm a human being.
7. What is one habit you wish you could break?
Anxiety/depression. Is that a habit?
8. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? (*cough* communicate telepathically with cats *cough*)
Probably something to do with time. Pausing time and going back and forward in time.
9. What would you do first if you won the lottery?
Take my mum, my sister and C on a fun holiday.
10. What is your favorite comfort food?
11. Favorite song that you're embarrassed to admit is a favorite song?
Anything by Rihanna or Taylor Swift.
1. What did you dream of being when you were a little kid?
2. Your top 3 travel destinations.
West Coast USA, Ireland & Iceland.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Finished my degree, living in either Melbourne or somewhere in Tassie, being somewhere near owning my own house, considering having children, teaching, doing a bit of travel, making art.
4. If there is one thing you want to be remembered for what would that be?
For being kind to people.
5. What do you do to pamper yourself?
Painting my nails almost every day.
6. What is something you are proud of yourself for?
Moving out of home young, finishing the last two years of high school while under some troublesome circumstances and being financially self reliant.
7. Are you a lefty or a righty?
Right. I wish I was more ambidextrous, I can't do anything with my left hand!
8. What’s your favourite thing to whip up in the kitchen? (Did I mention I like recipes?)
Frittata tarts, soups, Red Velvet cupcakes, pasta.
9. Favourite cocktail?
I think I've only ever had one in my life. I'm basically a cocktail virgin.
10. What’s one thing you do daily that makes you feel pretty?
I really enjoy my daily make up routine. It doesn't necessarily make me feel "pretty" but it makes me feel ready for the day.
11. What songs would be on your soundtrack to your life?
Too hard, I'd have to make you a mix ;)
Questions for you:
1. Name five celebrities you'd invite to a dinner party.
2. What what was your dream job as a kid and what is your dream job now?
3. What was the last thing you bought for yourself?
4. Who are your celebrity 'dad-crushes'?
5. What is your favourite item from your wardrobe?
6. What are your 3 favourite blogs at the moment?
7. What is an event/era you'd time travel to if you could (past or future)?
8. What are your favourite pizza toppings?
9. What is your favourite fictional couple?
10. What is one place you'd take someone visiting the town you live in?
11. What are you going to go do now?
I tag: Sally, Megan, Megan, Gracie, Miki, Jane, Laura, Lyndall, Mary, Courtney & Mirka & you!