✖ Phone bill
✔ Lovely mail
|✖ Lack of health||✔ Lovely boy|
|✖ Lack of motivation||✔ Lovely friends|
|✖ Money woes||✔ Lovely family|
And now to help quash the gloominess, here is a badly disguised wish list;
^ Lobster pad, by Linda & Harriet.
^ Par Avion / Silkscreened Boy with Airplane - Kraft by Humunuku
^ A Gentleman's Notecard Set by Little Red Fox
^ Piggies in ruby and lavender card set by Linda & Harriet.
^ Stamp set - Western Style Moustaches (Large) by Girl On The Rocks.
^ love / spoon / letterpress card by Louella Press.
^ The Small Object Labels & Stickers from Fred Flare.
^ This Is Not A Book by Keri Smith.
Here's a list of ways to cure hiccups I made several years ago:
- drink a teaspoon of vinegar.
- drink water out of the wrong side of a glass.
- yell or sing as loud as you can.
- get someone to drop an ice cube down your back.
- eat a spoonful of sugar.
- make yourself sneeze.
- blow up a balloon.
- plug your ears with your fingers and drink through a straw.
- pinch the middle of your palm as hard as you can.
- eat a wedge of lemon.
- somebody unexpectedly pulls out a fifty dollar note and says "if you can hiccup again I'll give you fifty dollars" (my mum did this to me).
- eat a teaspoon of peanut butter.
- recite "the litany against hiccups" – as follows;
I must not hiccup.The latter is the weirdest I've heard.
hiccups are the lung-killers.
hiccups are the little deaths that bring total obliteration.
I will face my hiccups.
I will permit them to pass over me and through me.
and when they has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see their path.
where the hiccups have gone there will be nothing.
only I will remain.
Can you think of any really strange ones to add?
New TV obsession: Breaking Bad. Doug lent it to me.
Yesterday Doug and I went for a swim at the famed Newcastle Bogey Hole. As the council is apparently intending to develop the site, I'd like to try to go there once a week until that happens. There's even a Facebook group in it's honour;
^ img credit; mark snelson.
^ img credit.
^ from above, img credit.
^ img credit; andy gock.