^ andrea sciascia.
Megan of The Ever Dazzling posted a 'Things To Be Thankful For' list today and I thought I might do the same. A kind of gratitude list;
- Tasmanian weather; I braved my first Tasmanian Winter and it was nowhere near as unbearable as I'd been told. I have thoroughly enjoyed the coat, scarf, mitten, beanie wearing, hot chocolate-sipping weather and being able to ride my bike without feeling hot and gross, though I'm looking forward to slightly longer days and a little more sunshine. Launceston Summers average a temperature of about 25˚C (77˚F) - nothing like Newcastle's 44˚C (111˚F) days, so I'll probably still be able to pull out the warm clothes I love. I feel very comfortable in this kind of weather and the air is so delicious and fresh :D
- Uplifting mail; I am lucky enough to receive at least one item of good mail every day, and sometimes someone's sweet words from across the globe can just set you off on your day with a great feeling. Sally's letter did that for me yesterday. Likewise, you internet folk are lovely. Thank you very much for the kind comments left on my second last post. I'm feeling far more positive already.
- Having somewhere lovely to stay; I've been grumbling a lot about not having found a house yet and once C's parents return on Monday we'll all be sharing the same roof until a house presents itself, but their home is a pleasure to stay in, a very welcoming, pretty and deliciously warm abode in a lovely suburb. It still kind of feels like being on holidays here and there's nowhere else I'd rather be (except in a house of my own).
- My boyfriend; I don't say much about him here (including his name) but he is high on my list of things to be grateful for. He's the loveliest man I've ever met and he treats me far better than I ever thought I deserved.
- Some blogs I'm grateful for lately (in no particular order); Intelligence Is The New Black, Lady Croissant, Love Katyha, The Art of Staying Up All Night, The Perfect Compilation Tape, Much Love Anna, The Ever Dazzling, With Love and Swallow, Queenie & The Dew, Pugly Pixel, Our City Lights, A Girl and Her Blog, Letters She Wrote, Cerebral Excrement, The Secret Tea Party, Make Do and Mend, Time After Tea, It's Gonna Be A Lovely Day, The House of Hearts, Missive Maven, Dolce Vita Micaela, Sylvia May, Deleting The Adjectives, In Our Bedrooms, The Tea Children, Make Tea Not War, Blackbird Corner, Being Blanche, Gracie Bella Butterfly, High Maintenance Hippy, Very Dark Horse, For The Easily Distracted and a whole bunch more and anyone who is kind enough to read this blog.
- Rachel B. is having an Impossible Project giveaway - win yourself 3 packs of highly coveted Polaroid film, here (17th Sept).
- It is Rhianne's birthday today and she's giving away four different sweet prizes to celebrate, here (17th Sept).
- Sweet Gracie is having a giveaway including a gratitude journal and some of her Etsy goodies, here (18th Sept).
- Allana (aka High Maintenance Hippy) is having a 'brown paper packages tied up with string' Spring giveaway, here (19th Sept).
- Project You is giving away two of Rhianne's pretty prints, here.
- Green Tea & Red Nails is giving away a lovely bundle of things, here (20th Sept).