Sometimes I like to wear red lipstick around the house when I'm not going anywhere. I am currently coveting a tube of MAC Ruby Woo lipstick. I'm just sending that into the universe and maybe it will come to me!
The lovely Erika from Tear Into Me passed this on to me and I thought I'd follow it through;
“The Honest Scrap” award is not one to hold all to your self but it must be shared! The recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves in their blog that no one else knows. The recipient has to pass along this prestigious award to 10 more bloggers. Those 10 bloggers all have to be notified they have been given this award. Those 10 bloggers should link back to the blog that awarded them.
I decided instead of '10 things that no one else knows' I'd try writing 10 things I haven't disclosed on this blog before.
1. I was born with blue eyes which changed in the first few months of my life. At first I had a small brown spot in my right blue eye which gradually got bigger and stopped when it had almost covered up all of the blue colour. As a result, I have one blue eye and one brown eye. I don't know why this happened, why I have it and my sister doesn't or if it's hereditary. I think it would be nice to be able to pass it on. It's called Heterochromia.
2. My star sign is Pisces. Most synopsis's of my star-sign I've read have seemed fairly accurate of my personality (eg. escapist, idealistic, vague, intuitive, emotional, etc).
3. I was school captain at high school (last year). I felt like, and still feel like, this was a bizarre choice by the people of my high school and a weird thing to have bestowed upon me, as I always felt like I was a bit too 'weird' for my high school (my mum hates that word), and although my election as school captain proved to be slightly controversial at first (I won't mention anything about the petition), overall I really enjoyed doing it.
4. My dad died when I was ten of an drug overdose. A few days ago I rewatched a home video he made of my sister and I when we were kids and it made me really sad. I guess I just feel like we were the only things he had. It makes me sad and angry and hurt to think about him a lot of the time, but really I feel like I barely knew this person, who gave me life, and I did have ten lovely years with him.
5. I really respect, adore and appreciate my mum... but never to her face. Okay, sometimes to her face. I call her the 'anti-mum' and say she has a 'hands-off' approach to parenting and but I'd never ask for anything more.
6. If it were up to me I would spend all of my money on stamps and stationery (I'm sure you gathered this one from reading my blog though).
7. I moved out of home when I was sixteen. I have moved eight times since.
8. I sneeze about 50 times a day due to chronic rhinitis. I hate complaining about it, but it is often pretty overwhelming. I do get blessed a lot!
9. I can whistle three different ways.
10. This is a picture of me when I was 4;
Things I love about this picture:
- I look like a weird gremlin monster thing.
- My underbite.
- The freckles.
- The awful jagged lopsided asymmetrical haircut my dad gave me.
- My ability to coordinate my lipstick to my cardigan at such a young age. My mum says she never had makeup around the house when I was a kid and has no idea how I would have gotten my hands on any lipstick.
- How overly excited I am to be having my picture taken.
Phew, I'm glad that's over...
I found it really hard to make a list of bloggers to pass this onto, so really if you're reading this and you'd like to repost this, please do so :)