10 Things that make me happy (tagged by Megan and Belen);
1. My supportive, gentle, cooking, cleaning, cheerful boyfriend. Every morning he greets me with hot chocolate and marmalade toast. He often wears an apron, likes riding his bike, getting his hair brushed and the bands Phish, Belle & Sebastian and Nine Inch Nails a lot. Every day I feel appreciated, loved, cared for and happy.
2. Friends, near and far.
3. Blogs and blogging; I never knew, prior to starting this blog, that it would introduce me to an amazing community of like-minded people. If you're reading this, it makes me happy that you're reading this.
4. Sending and receiving letters; Going to my letterbox every morning is my feel-good routine. Writing a letter (or three) a day is therapeutic and it feels good to have a full-time hobby that revolves around making things to give to other people.
5. Music; here are some of the happiest songs I could think of -
1. Huddle Formation by The Go! Team6. Creativity; painting, collage, singing, writing, drawing, decorating, making.
2. Ce Matin La by Air
3. Fed and Watered by Josh Pyke
4. Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root
5. Ta Douleur by Camille
6. Funny Little Frog by Belle & Sebastian
7. Tout Doucement by Feist
8. If You Should Try To Kiss Her by Dressy Bessy
9. Big Jumps by Emiliana Torrini
10. The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song by The Flaming Lips
11. We Just Won't Be Defeated by The Go! Team
12. Shoebox by Kate Miller-Heidke
13. You Make My Dreams by Hall & Oates
14. Wrapped In Piano Strings by Radical Face
15. Electric Feel by MGMT
16. Better by Regina Spektor
17. Now, Now by St. Vincent
18. For Once in My Life by Stevie Wonder
19. New Soul by Yael Naim
20. You And Me Song by The Wannadies
21. Before We Begin - Broadcast
- Download HERE.
7. My family;
^ Yesterday at our belated Christmas lunch.
8. Food; I'm not much of a comfort eater, but C makes me the most delicious food every day and it makes me very happy to eat these masterpieces.
9. Boxset TV, movies & books; I love getting wrapped up in fictional worlds and realities and being in another place for half an hour.
10. 95 Fern Street, Islington, 2296, NSW, Austalia. C and I have made a date that we're going to decide to think about making a decision about moving to Tasmania (A+ decision makers) and although I'm feel really positive about this move, I will really miss Newcastle, seeing friends and family and definitely the little home we made ourselves here. It's small and nothing flashy, but it's always had a good feeling about it.
I'm never good at the tagging part of this, but I'll pick a few - only do it if you feel like it; Rokia, Sophie, Carly, Sylvia, Milly, Charlotte Lucy, Stu, Faiza, Karli and Holly. If you haven't been tagged yet, feel free to participate :)
Also, I saw this on Still Live's lovely blog and I thought it was rather nice. I'm not sure of its original source;
HOW TO HAVE A LOVELY DAY:
1. Smile at strangers.
2. Slow down.
3. Say thank you.
4. Give lots of compliments.
5. Dress nicely.
6. Wear parfume.
7. Observe and listen.
8. Be charming.
10. Wish people a lovely day.